You have created your channel and added your contacts to it! Great! What’s next? How to gather hundreds and thousands of subscribers?
Remember: in any case, the content of the channel you want to promote is essential. If the content is poor, even the paid ways won’t get you anywhere: new subscribers will lose interest and leave.
Publish several posts on your fresh-made channel or it will look empty. Work on it steadily, post regularly and not too often to avoid tiring your subscribers (except if you own a newspaper).
The methods of promotion are traditionally divided into paid and free but this division is conventional. Often, it depends on how compelling your channel is and how good you negotiate.
- Place a link to your channel on social media, on your website, on the websites of your partners.
- Add this link to all communications with you perspective subscribers, mention your channel as often as you can: in your email signature, in articles, at the end of your posts on social media.
- Publish the link to your channel in online catalogs. Many of them are free, for example, Storebot, Storegram, Botoboom, Telegrambots, Tchannels. You can find the full list of catalogs on a @tgcat channel. The main advantage of this way is that online catalogs send selections of chatbots to their subscribers in various categories and your bot can get to one of them.
- Promote your channel on thematic websites. For example, you can promote a fashion channel on corresponding forums and groups where the target audience is.
- You can leave the link in comments to posts of opinion leaders and to articles about Telegram.
- Use Mutual PR. This way is common for the owners of small channels with a similar audience. But you should use it wisely. Remember: it is important to deliver quality content. If your subscribers get only the promotion of other channels, even useful ones, your channel will be of no value.
- Try and appear in the selections of known and trusted websites. One way is to create a carefully picked and useful selection, include your channel there and offer to publish it, and the other is to negotiate adding your channel to the editor’s pick. It also mostly depends on your channel value.
- Buy ads from specialists. If you have a budget but don’t have the time to search and to study the details, turn to the advertising stock exchanges and advertising space selling channels. For example, Sociate.ru and Telega.in. If you use a stock exchange you just look for suitable channels with the help of filters and buy ads right there.
- Promote it in big channels. The experts recommend to search for the channels you may benefit from and write to the authors of each one. The majority of admins will tell you the cost or send you the pricing. Though, sometimes there are exceptions. Some known bloggers can recommend your resource for free if it is young, small and contains high-quality information. It should be good enough to attract the blogger and pass his or her subjective selection process.
What if you already have a budget for paid ads? Now you need to choose the promotion channel wisely.
If you just started your channel it is usually no use to pay for promotion in big channels. Anyway, people don’t really like subscribing to a channel if it doesn’t have a considerable audience. It’s better to start the promotion in smaller and cheaper channels, and after you reach a critical number of subscribers, turn to the bigger ones.
How to choose the right promotion channel:
View the catalog of channels on the Tlgrm.ru (Tlgrm.eu) website and find the channel that seems to be promising. Check the statistics. If the number of subscribers of the channel is increasing, the admins take care of it and promote it, so it’s worth investments.
What should you consider in addition to the statistics?
- The topic of the channel – be sure that its subscribers are interested in things related to the topics of your channel.
- The engagement of the subscribers:
It is important to note not only the number of users but also their engagement. How many subscribers read the messages from this channel? For instance, there is an audience of 10,000 subscribers but you notice that the last few posts have only up to 1,000 views. It means that the engagement is only 10% and you should reconsider spending your money for buying ads there.
Other tips to an owner of a Telegram channel
- Use bots to get channel statistics, conduct surveys and manage text formatting.
- Join the chats for the admins. Communicate, ask for advice, show your channel. Maybe, you will find someone who will promote it cheaply or for free.
- Most experts agree that it is almost impossible to promote your channel using only the free ways. Prepare to work hard and to invest money if you want to see a considerable progress.